“Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
It’s been on my mind for some time now to change up the content of the blog. While I enjoy sharing my thoughts, I often feel like a self-righteous broken record. That’s never my intention. While I still want to have a section where I can discuss observations I’ve made and conclusions I’ve come to, I want to offer a bit more. I’ve been very slowly trying to work my way through Brené Brown’s Daring Greatly and a part of it made me ask myself what I really want my mark to be, where I want my energy to be spent. What’s worth doing even if I fail? (Her words, not mine). What I came up with is this…
- I want to positively influence the way people, especially children, learn.
- I want to encourage people to spend more quality time together, especially with their children, and less time in front of screens.
- I want people to be knowledgeable of how to do things on their own and realize they are capable.
- I want people to enjoy delicious properly portioned meals and the conversation that comes with gathering around a table to eat them.
- I want people to exercise because they enjoy it and it makes them feel good rather than doing it for aesthetic reasons.
- I want people to find the type of exercise that suits them and holds their interest.
- I want people to learn small tips and tricks that can go a long way.
- I want people to be willing to hear another perspective and be open to seeing things differently.
Having said all of that, what you can expect to see is a place to still access my thoughts, an area to find tips and tricks on various subjects, a section for recipes, and a spot for activities that I hope will aid in learning with techniques that can be useful to all ages.